It is wrong to keep saying that desserts are healthy. Most of them are not. Popular desserts have fats, sugar, and refined flour. At least, most of them do. According to one expert who highly recommends Testosterone 500 mg – steroids-evolution.com, as a bodybuilder’s or athlete’s supplement, desserts can derail one’s efforts in fitness unless they are made healthy. But how is that possible? Some nutrition experts are confident that the insights discussed below can make your desserts healthy.
Healthy Modifications to Dessert Recipes
They say making food is an art, and indeed, it is. When it comes to making desserts healthy, only small changes need to be made to what most people think is the typical way of making them. Below are some smart swaps you can make to your desserts to add nutritional value.
· Use either coconut oil or butter to make your desserts instead of margarine, which is popular to use. It may add to the cost, but the nutritional value will increase as well.
· Use a mixture of coconut and almond milk instead of whole milk, which has an effect on weight gain. It is a health option both for athletes and people who are watching their weight.
· Simply use honey as a substitute for corn syrup.
· Avoid the use of typical sugar, which is a risk factor for the body. You can use dates or coconut sugar, which is 10 times healthier.
· When it comes to the use of all-purpose refined flour, substituting it with either coconut or whole grain flour will make your desserts healthier and more delicious.
Tips for Using Chocolate
Quite a good number of desserts have chocolate. Examples include chocolate mousse, chocolate balls, black forest cake and countless others. However, chocolate contains a lot of sugar, which you do not want in the body if you are on diet. However, as the chocolate gets darker, the amount of sugar decreases. According to experts in the nutrition field, it is crucial to make a habit of using dark chocolate with over 75 percent raw cocoa. While the amount of sugar can be reduced, one will be forced to use a little.
Use of Superfoods in Desserts
The addition of common superfoods in desserts makes them healthier and more delicious. Such ingredients include almonds, chia seeds, and flax seeds just to mention a few. Basically, they will boost the fiber level of your cookies, muffins and other desserts. Further, they will also add more vitamins and minerals, which you need to have a fit body.
Adding Flavors and Textures
Most desserts are known to be smooth and sweet. However, other flavors and textures can be introduced. Truth be told, most of such additions come with nutritional value. You can add almost any diced fruit to your low-fat yogurt as an afternoon dessert. Similarly, roasting nuts before adding them to your muffins will introduce a good flavor, while at the same time making them more nutritious.
Desserts can remain healthy at all times for any person. It does not matter whether you are checking weight or just trying to stay fit. Make them healthy using the above insights.