I remember one of the first things I wanted to do when I got my credit card at the age of 18 was to go online shopping. That was because I had always found the best deals online rather than at the physical store. Whether it’s free shipping, discount codes or extra percentage off of sale products, finding the best deals online is always so satisfying. So how do I find the best deals online? Click through below to find out…
One of the easiest ways to find the best deal online is through Dealspotr. This is a website that has been introduced to me in the past month and now, I’m obsessed!
What is Dealspotr?
It’s like a Google for deals. Dealspotr uses its members to submit, edit, and verify coupons and codes work from a huge amount of online stores. What’s really unique about Dealspotr is that it’s a crowdsourcing platform, so like Wikipedia, Reddit, or Airbnb, anyone can post, edit, and curate the deals. I would like to point out that most deals on the website are for American stores, however, if we can rally more Canadian consumers to join the site, then we’ll be able to find more Canadian deals. I’ve definitely been trying hard to post more deals that are for Canadian residents.
What makes Dealspotr Different?
When you become a member of the site, you can already earn a large amount of points. These points can then be accumulated towards Amazon Gift Cards. It’s a very rewarding cash back program because aside from finding deals that can help you save money, you can actually make money through the rewards program. You can earn points by adding deals, validating deals, inviting you friends to join and so on. It’s completely worth it in the end.
Coupons and codes are posted by members only. Some coupon sites feel anonymous, and you wonder where these deals come from. On Dealspotr, all the coupons/codes have a face attached to it and so it feels more personal.
How do you add Deals?
Adding deals are so easy on Dealspotr because the website is extremely user friendly.
1) Enter The Store Name (Whether it’s an online retailer or a physical store)
2) Make sure the deal hasn’t already been shared
3) Select the type of deal (promo code, coupon or product deal)
4) Enter a title for the deal – I would suggest making the name very clear and precise
5) Identify if it’s storewide or conditional to specific products
6) Add some coupon code validation such as a screen capture or receipt
7) Expiry date if it applies
8) Then post the deal
It’s very simple that even if you’re not too tech-savy, you shouldn’t come across any major problems.
Get Started Now!
1) Create an account and Login – In order for you to post deals, you’ll need to sign up for an account. You can either sign up with Facebook or email. You can use my referral code by clicking here.
2) Complete your New User Checklist – Once you register, you’ll see your new user checklist (“Complete your account setup”). Complete these tasks to familiarize yourself with Dealspotr and how the basic functions, like posting deals, liking, and saving. At first I felt overwhelmed, but with a little bit of time and navigating around the site, it was very easy to pick it up.
3) Customise your Feed either by Following Stores or Interests – You can make your feed more personal on Dealspotr by following stores that are of your interests. Follow additional stores and interests to fine-tune your feed and keep up with all your favorite deals.
Got some Questions?
If you still have any questions about Dealspotr, feel free to leave them in the comment section for me. I’ll be sure to reply to them as soon as I can.