Currently Playing [Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’]
Of course every bride wants to look her best for her special day. But to me, the key is to do this without looking too overly done up. A bride wants to remember this day for the rest of her life. Thus, the bride should be wearing the makeup instead of the other way around. This bridal look that I have created enhances a bride’s natural beauty without covering it up. This look is meant to complement any gown or dress because of its neutral colours. It’s very simple, very beautiful and very long lasting. So whether you’re a bride-to-be or just planning on attending a wedding this season, this look is ideal for you to create in 6 easy steps:
1) Priming your face is so vital in allowing your makeup to last throughout the day. A bride will most likely be running around for 12+ hours during her big day, therefore, she cannot skip any primers. (Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion for the eyes & Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer for the face are my favorites)
2) Lips! It’s so important that the lips remain hydrated and long lasting throughout the big day! Plus, the bride will probably be placing a lot of smooches on the groom. The Bite Beauty Fruit Scrub Exfoliant is perfect to scrub away any dead skins that are on the lips so it’ll make the lipstick go on very smoothly. It helps to brighten lips over time while fighting free radicals and conditioning around the lip line. Then use the Bite Beauty Line & Define Lip Primer to instantly preps, plumps, and primes the lips. I choose to use Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint in Lychee because it’s a lip tint formula that delivers luscious color with an ultra-glossy finish.
3) For the face I am using the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation that is so refreshingly light, which can easily create an even look. It blends seamlessly and has build-able coverage. To allow your foundation to last even longer, I would recommend using a buffing brush along with a powder to help everything set into place. The blush that I have used is a mineral one from Physicians Formula, which really does give your cheeks a rosy glow.
4) For the eyes I keep it simple by using 4 shades from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: Bootycall (highlight), Snakebite (all over), Busted (outer corner), Blackout (outer V shape). The top of my lid is lined with the Maybelline Master Duo By Eyestudio Liquid Liner, which comes with a dual tip to create thin precise lines with one side, bold thick lines with the other. If you have naturally long lashes, you can just stick with your favourite mascara like the L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes. But if you are like me and need a little boost in the eyelash department, you can apply your favourite natural falsies.
5) Set everything with your favourite setting spray to ensure that the makeup lasts throughout the night.
6) Finally, a bridal makeup look is not complete without the nails because everyone is going to be looking at the ring. I think this colour by Essie called “Ballet Slippers” is just the perfect pale pink for any bride on her wedding day.